Monday, July 27, 2009

Day Off-St. Louis

We had a jammed packed day off in St. Louis including a friendship visit and a trip to the Zoo. The day started early for me, while the rest of my team slept I got up and took advantage of the one washer and dryer the hotel had to offer. I walked 14 blocks to find the closest Starbucks and it was well worth the downtown adventure. After I had my morning fix I finished my laundry and the team headed out to a friendship visit with the St. Louis Arc as well as the St. Louis society for Individuals with physical disabilities. We had lunch together and then spent the afternoon playing games and enjoying their company.

Lots of photos from the friendship visit





After lunch and our friendship visit we had the afternoon off to tour the city. A group of us decided to see the St. Louis Zoo, a very nice zoo that was Free. The zoo is in the center of Forest Park, the second largest mid-metropolitan park, behind only Central Park. The zoo was awesome and we had perfect weather for an afternoon of cool animals.

The Zoo




After the zoo we went to the Holt home, Whitey a team member from St. Louis family invited everyone over for an evening of swimming, relaxing, and dinner.

Relaxing at the Holt's


Judy, Whitey's stepmother prepared a monster of a feast for everyone including bbq, lasagna, and some delicious salads. Clement's mother traveled from Illinois and brought everyone personal cakes from their families bakery. I indulged in the best Oreo Cheesecake I've ever had and really enjoyed getting to meet the Holt family. The rest of the evening was spent packing and preparing for the long 116 miles ride to Effingham, IL.

No comments:

Post a Comment