Saturday, June 6, 2009

Big Day!!!

Today was an exciting day, I woke up early and excited to get out of the Hostel and meet the guys I'll be spending the summer with. I got a cab to the Quality Inn since wheeling my bike, and all my gear across town didn't really seem like fun. I was the first person to arrive at and check in at registration and had the rest of the day to burn while other team members arrived and shuttled from the airport. We received our crew gear and clothing, one word, AWESOME! (stay tuned for pictures tomorrow of the jersey and shorts). I ate at Whole Food for lunch to kill some time and when I returned other team members had arrived and begun assembling their bikes. I gave them a hand while I built my bike, and was a good opportunity to get to know some of the guys. I wheeled my bike case all the way across town to a UPS store and returned drenched in sweat, cleaned up for our first group meeting and tried on our new gear.

We all piled in our vans and headed over to "U-district" to the University of Washington and visited the Alpha Delta chapter their. The house was incredible and the guys fixed us dinner even though they were in the middle of studying for exams. We ate some great food and continued getting to know one another and had some more "icebreaker" activities, This Journey is going to be incredible, their are so many selfless and amazing guys on the crew, this summer will certainly be amazing.

Here are some pictures from today, I'm going to try to be better about taking photos throughout the day.
Dinner at the Alpha Delta House

"Picture Formation"

Tomorrow is a long day of meetings and rules at REI, who was generous to donate meeting space to us while we're here. Monday we have a practice ride and all of us are just itching to get on the bike and get going. Stay tuned for more, thanks for following and the comments.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Brett,
    Just thinking about you and passing along some positive vibes!!
    Keep Rolling.....
    I love you man....
    Steve

    ReplyDelete