Saturday, June 20, 2009

Day 10-Phillipsburg, Montana

Today was a very long day, not long in the sense of mileage but in the number of flats. Between 4 people in my paceline including myself we had 6 flats; this drastically slowed down our day and made everyone a little frustrated. We worked as a team and with some help from our crew bring us extra tubes we were able to finish our ride for the day of 75 miles.We arrived six and half hours after our departure time of 7 AM, but averaged 17.2 MPH considering we only spent 4 hours and 20 minutes in the saddle; so we were making good time when we weren’t fixing flats.

1 ride, 6 flats

Flat #5


I stopped by several bike shops during our day off in Missoula and picked up a new saddle in hopes to alleviate my sit bone issue and some new tape to replace my torn bar tape. They didn’t have any black tape and all of the other colors didn’t really work with the color scheme of my bike, so I chose the boldest color they had, Pink.

Some photos of my new whip


On Thursday evening we had a team meeting and our project manager handed out two awards one of which being the Hammer Head award for the best cyclist and team member, which I was honored to receive. I have the privilege of handing off the award to who I feel worthy next week, pretty cool!

Phillipsburg is a very small town that doesn’t even have a stoplight. There are a lot of really neat stores and shops and a famous soda shop that was recently filmed in "Call of the Wild 3D" movie, I had a delicious Montana Moose Moss Malt. For dinner we went to a town cook off where we had incredible food that was piles 8 in. high on our plate; awesome meal.

3 comments:

  1. love the pink tape, you're supporting breast cancer awareness love mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. jonah, loves pink

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the long ride.... its all down hill from there...... or is my geography a little off... Well, we love the updates.... ROCK on!!

    ReplyDelete